Monday, October 3, 2011

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephenie Perkins

Lola and the Boy Next Door
Good Reads Summary

Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.


My Thoughts

I’m keeping this short: This is likely in my top three of my most awaited books this year. And you know what? It did not disappoint. Yes, Anna and St. Claire make a bunch of appearances in it, but they truly are just a bonus (yummy, delicious bonus, but bonuses nonetheless.) Because I positively loved Lola Cricket Bell! But before I go waxing poetic about why I love him, let me say that Lola wasn’t bad either.

I enjoyed her antics, even if I sometimes wanted her to make up her mind and CHOOSE ALREADY! She’s out there and didn’t seem to care what others thought of her. And yet, was she/did she, really? Her relationship with her mother indicated otherwise. My point is she wasn’t just a whacky, costume-wearing teenage girl…though she was those things too. So yes, I liked her even when she was all over the place.

But Cricket? He’s the nice guy. He’s the boy next door…. And he is absolutely darling, despite sometimes being a bit too slow to get things done. But once things were settled well, boy did things move! And now: I am all a puddle!

Read This!

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment