Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Camile by Tess Oliver

Camille

Good Reads Summary 

At a time when society conforms to the strictest rules and most proper etiquette, sixteen-year-old Camille Kennecott and her guardian, Dr. Bennett, live a most unconventional life. They hunt werewolves.When unwitting victim, Nathaniel Strider, wanders into one of their full moon pursuits, Camille and Dr. Bennett believe they have found a specimen for their study. Finding a scientific key to unlocking the mystery of lycanthropy would end their late night excursions. Yet beneath the irresistible exterior, Nathaniel is transforming into a flesh-tearing monster, and as each experiment fails, Camille loses another inch of her soul to him. In a month’s time, she must face the prospect of destroying the boy who has stolen her heart.

My Thoughts


Honestly, I was expecting just a little bit more.

As is, my feelings for Camille and Strider run along the lines of lukewarm. Where Strider’s story involves a love found and a love that-might-be-lost all because of his looming transformation, it is Camille’s contribution that is more specific, with a Doctor, a sister in an asylum and her wolf hunting. She’s another one of more independent, more intelligent and more kick ass girls… but not all the time because whenever Strider was in the picture she’s be reduced to a love struck girl. The last was not so terribly annoying to have me rolling my eyes, so thank gosh! But beyond those things, there’s not much to be said about CAMILLE other than it’s an interesting take on werewolf (hunting) lore.

Really though, I’ve got nothing to complain about on the end of the two main characters. I knew who they are and what had them acting the way they did. Even the why’s of Dr. Bennett was clear to me. The only person who had me paying a little more attention, a little more interested was Emily. I would have like a little more of the sisters together, their bond was an interesting one. Their difference quite striking… but when the reason was unveiled…  well, there I was again with feeling that feeling of “OK and now…?”

2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment