Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Angefall (Penryn and the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)Angelfall by Susan Ee

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


There’s not much to add when there’s a whole chorus singing this self-pub praises…

But Oh. My…Wow.

It’s a world of angels who aren’t good with cannibals and low demons as well as people trying to survive the apocalypse. Angelfall brings a little of what I loved in Ilsa Bick’s Ashes back. Only where Ashes drew on two major themes, effectively splitting my enthusiasm for it, this one had everything thrown together from the get. And then stuck to the rather original path of scary world with scary monsters (whether angels or not) but more specifically of a girl trying her best to protect her own.  There’s no major sudden division here, instead it’s a steady stream of adrenaline pumping chase scene after chase scene.

Big points for Raffe. I did get a big kick out of the reluctant guardian angel said major character posed. It’s his part of the story that’s muddled and has me impatient for the next one and strangely excited Excited, you ask? If an agnostic angel doesn’t pique your interest, then I don’t know what will.

I liked Angelfall…  a lot.

3.5/5



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment