Friday, February 10, 2012

Charmed Thirds (Jessica Darling #3) by Megan McCafferty

Charmed Thirds (Jessica Darling, #3)Charmed Thirds by Megan McCafferty

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Midway last year I read a series of books with one Ruby Oliver. One book after another, I found that I could not get enough of how quirky, different, damaged she was. Jessica has a little of Ruby in her. Both are funny, snarky, smart. The big difference is how aware Jessica could be over things of little moment. It’s her keen observations and snarky commentary that had me going through Sloppy Firsts and Second Helpings in a blink.



In both, she’s inappropriate and sometimes crude; but true and honest as to what she saw/felt. The biggest negative to her is that while she Jessica’s work is truthful and funny, she’s also shallow given her lack of experience. This third installment remedies that last bit (a little.)



And Jessica, do you know what? I got why you did most of the things you did. That move you pulled with the ring? I was with you there. Those months with Kieran?  I was with you there too.  And when you obsessed over the older Spanish grad student? I got that too. I was with you on most every step of the way. And on the rare instance that you weren’t worrying over the state of you finances, I nodded along on things you were spouting.



But come on! That ending?! I still don’t get it. (Ha. I may not be blindly romantic after all.)



3





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment