Thursday, April 5, 2012

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

Of Poseidon
Good Reads Summary

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he’s heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen—literally, ouch!—both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma’s gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom . . .

Told from both Emma and Galen’s points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.


My Thoughts
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Of Poseidon is just Not For Me. I see all those four and five star ratings and wonder WTF is wrong with me? This book did not make me happy. Beyond ‘Syrena’ and what not were people who each had something stupid to say and or do.

The one thing I could have liked was how both the girls pointed out just how wrong the boys acted. I mean who wants to be stalked? Who wants a controlling, manipulative person hanging over them? Both Galen and Toraf act like douches… and the girls knew it. The problem is despite acknowledging the same fact they still ended up, and I quote, “One part hissy fit and one part swoon.”

funny gifs


And  I could have liked Emma too given her being saucy and smart and funny at times... but… but… but  the advise she gave about acting hard to get did not sit right with me. In fact, none of them sat right with; none of their actions at least. Her mother, Rachel and Rayna…. all said some pretty idiotic things to say. Does a girl only spend time with a boy to do the deed? Is the whole purpose of her being to date? Dear lord, why bother with the ruse of dating at all? Mother of god! Or Rayna… What? What? I liked the no-nonsense, my life= my choice stance that she came in with. But her eventual about face because she was jealous was just not right. AT. ALL. And Galen, dear misguided Galen. I didn't like him. He could simply be so condescending all the time! 


Actually, the idiocy was spread far and wide in this one. I finished it but only barely.

1/5


Thanks Net Galley!







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment