Friday, August 31, 2012

Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian (Lux, #1)
Good Reads Summary
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.


My Thoughts
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

With the idea that 'this fixed Twilight' around, well I hadto see what I'd been missing. Now, having just finished this I do agree with all those Twilight comparisons.

Yet... I sped through this! Despite Daemon being a douche which nobody can deny.

Again, I sped through this! Despite the fact that after the umpteenth Sparkly poke that was cute at first... the very same thing started rubbing me the wrong way because while the mocking was initially cute.. I got to asking, 'wasn't Obsidian essentially mocking itself?' Given that things in it are essentially a copy of that which it poked fun of? I won't bother going over the similarities because I suppose it's been done somewhere some when by someone more clearly, but basically if you've read the other, you've essentially been handed a a blueprint of the goings on here.

And yet again, for this must needs repeating, I sped through this! It's compulsively readable, it's fun even with a male lead that so.. something else in his treatment of her.

And yet.. I sped through this!
Fun read, this (just don't ask me why, though)




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment