Monday, February 18, 2013

Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1) by Karina Halle

Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1)
Good Reads Summary
Sins & Needles by Karina Halle

Ellie Watt is used to starting over. The daughter of a grifting team, Ellie spent her childhood being used as a pawn in her parents' latest scam. Now she’s much older, wiser and ready to give her con artist life a rest. But returning to the dry desert town of Palm Valley, California means one more temptation than she bargained for – Camden McQueen. Once known as the high school weirdo, Camden is bigger and badder than the boy he used to be and a talented tattoo artist with his own thriving business. Ellie’s counting on Camden still being in love with her but what she’s not counting on is how easily unrequited love can turn into obsession over time. When Camden discovers Ellie’s plan to con him, he makes her a deal she doesn’t dare refuse, but her freedom comes with a price and it’s one that takes both Ellie and Camden down a dangerous road.

My Thoughts
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is not that difficult to get into. It’s a hot book and they're both an emotional mess, some of the dram read more plausible then others, but at least there more than one quote worthy line in it, but for all that I’m not its biggest fan.

The emotional upheaval (and there is that here) sent things to unexpected heights. I was never really sure I could get behind him or her. Neither of them are angels and both admit the same... to an extent, at least because points in it have them seeing the reasons they have for being the asses that they are. it's the last that has them going from wanting to kill the other, to wanting to make things better. the round about on both their parts had me fearing whiplash.

Anyway, she’s the bad guy, but so is he... but not completely either. Some moments stretched my patience others moments felt authentic.

•    Her back and forth with him of do I screw him over or just screw him period? Was… um… I don’t know. Curious?
•    Him doing the same, was…I don’t know. Fitting?
•    Then, them on the run from basically the same kind of trouble was stretching things too to much…

But then those flashes into both their pasts and all those points of view from “the girl's"... Why, I could see some more of the real in this one. Yes, I'm going to read the next one, but yeah… this one was just, OK.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment