Sunday, March 17, 2013

Rush (The Game #1) by Eve Silver

Rush (The Game, #1)
Good Reads Summary
Rush by Eve Silver

So what’s the game now? This, or the life I used to know?

When Miki Jones is pulled from her life, pulled through time and space into some kind of game—her carefully controlled life spirals into chaos. In the game, she and a team of other teens are sent on missions to eliminate the Drau, terrifying and beautiful alien creatures. There are no practice runs, no training, and no way out. Miki has only the guidance of secretive but maddeningly attractive team leader Jackson Tate, who says the game isn’t really a game, that what Miki and her new teammates do now determines their survival, and the survival of every other person on this planet. She laughs. He doesn’t. And then the game takes a deadly and terrifying turn.


My Thoughts
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

damned cliffy and it took so long too before i was hooked. i was likening the start of Rush to getting slapped (or at least what i think getting slapped feels like as i've not actually been, you know, slapped. the point is there was next to no heads up on the why/where/how... or even what was going on. I was just as turned around as Miki. Plus I was feeling the frustration with all the non-answers she was handed. Then the game-speak? I get why she was not taking anything seriously; I sure wasn't. But then instead of answers she got hands on experience, which was cool because it kept things fast and then faster except I was only half buying it because of the absence of reason.

The whole mysterious boy leader too was getting on my nerves 'till it wasn't anymore because the closer it got to the end, the more the things kinda/sorta/but still not completely made sense.

Personally though I could have done without the makings teen drama (love triangles in the making, needy best friends and what not) and been happier with smoother shifts between one place to the next. But what this lacks in said smooth shifts, it makes up  in the curiously interesting (different?) mishmash of content.

I was surprised the mix of stuff that I got out of this: a little bit of Lux with A-hole hot boy lead and a little bit more some paranormal out of body/ time warp moments. And did I mention aliens? Lots of stuff going on in here, so that the lovey-dovey inevitableness of things don't take much away from all that.

thank you, edelweiss!
3/5


And, yes, the next one? I needs it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment