Monday, August 12, 2013

Here Without You by Tammara Webber

Here Without You (Between the Lines, #4)Here Without You by Tammara Webber

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Webber goes beyond innocent sad (but good) girls, beyond hot (but bad) boys with too much time/money to burn. They have all grown in this one. Just thinking of the first book has me recalling a Reid that’s worlds away from the Reid here. The angsting (though not too much) is not on account of his daddy issues… but by another source and her issues on trusting. Which surprised me, but it really shouldn’t have because this about face really isn’t an about face; it’s hinted at in the earlier books.

My hope in NA has been restored. Given the presence of plot! And characters that deal! So, an actual plot! It’s basically people and theirs shared pasts catching up to them. Less said, better. Characters that deal instead of up an running away (well, most of them at least). This bit has them manning up, doing what needs be… and being more than I’d initially thought them capable.  And the biggest surprise? Past bitch queens who reveal, not a softer  side, but a truer one. Perhaps it's the maturity they've all revealed that's made me like this more? So, biggest positive: Brooke. Yes, you read that right.

Good conclusion here… they have all grown up!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment