Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle

The Infinite Moment of UsThe Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Yeesh, the real miracle is in me actually finishing this one. I feel like I’ve read a variations of this story lot’s of times already. She’s the good girl trying to find her own way. He’s the good guy with a shitty past, trying to be the good guy. They’re made for each other but doubting the same. So many doubts along the lines of:

She’s too good for him or him for her, at least that’s what they both say; She’s bound to let him down, he thinks… and so does she; She’s got her future before her… and maybe he doesn’t.

But the bottom line is how there’s a too intense, too needy relationship between the two. Does the fact that they’re young explain that? Maybe… yet It’s a neediness that bothered me most because the both of them are catches in their own right:

She really is good girl. She really does have a good future ahead of her. And so does he. Yet they see the other in slightly different ways; he sees her as PERFECT. She sees him likewise but for completely different reasons. There’s a NEGATION of each others worth in the face of their comparison. It’s sad in a way because they’re each others’ “better than me.” Romantic as heck, but there’s something that felt off to me.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment