Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Liberator by Victoria Scott

The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)The Liberator by Victoria Scott

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


The Liberator… the one thing I loved about the first book was how UNAPOLOGETIC Dante could be. He’d say something so obviously wrong, while wasn’t OK, it was sure hell funny. There were fewer and fewer bits of those and I missed them. The other thing I was looking forward to was a new thing between him and Charlie. We get that but not enough because this time around, Dante’s to try out his new function and ‘liberate’ a new player. This new player I loved… perhaps because she was Dante in a skirt (though who’s to say Dante’s never worn a skirt? He’d pull it off, maybe?) 

So new people and old people and all these connections. Good story in the making, RIGHT? Sometimes, for a good long while in reading this in fact, I just wanted it to be over. It’s obvious from the start that people were going to pair up; a fact I’d normally be over the moon for, but as I’ve read more and more of these things, it’s painfully obvious to me that a good book needs more than multiple couples and their respective love stories coming to fruition. All the pent up lovey dovey ness didn’t compensate for the lack of goings-on. There was nothing actually happening. And that? that was sad. And painful.


do you know that feeling when you're just reading just to say say you're done with something? me... all. through out. this book. I liked some of it though....



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment