Thursday, October 17, 2013

Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)Allegiant by Veronica Roth

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I thought I was over this... early moments had me thinking this is the same drama all over again! I mean, really how many times must a rebellion be had? How many instances must it be them doling out whoop ass? Or how many more of those long drawn drama moments of him mis-assessing her then her flying off the handle would they subject themselves (and me) to before it was clear that they're equally strong but equally messed up?

Yes… frankly, I thought myself over all of the 'Didn't this just happen?' and 'Haven't we just been over this?' moments.

Clearly, I was being stupid.

Because the feels, people! There were many varied feels that snuck  up on me. Loads of it happens close to the end, sure... and I kind of  feel it's about the biggest thing that worked. But that's key, right?  That something worked? So, the feels. so many there were! That even if I may have been over them fighting all the danged time or them and dealing with yet another unmasked secret, well... I wasn't over them.

For me, Allegiant was all about the connections: both those they were so desperate for, as well as those they could do without. The most obvious: that between Tris and Tobias. They’re what’s got me swoony-happy when they were swoony-happy themselves, but equally pissed when they were likewise. As said, had we not gone through all that with them before already? Except it’s when they clicked and when they were seeing the truth of who they were for each other that’s got me *heart go boom*:


 

I used to think that when people fell in love they landed where they landed, and they had no choice in the matter afterward. and maybe that’s true of the beginnings, but it’s not true of this, now.

I fell in love with him. But I don’t have just stay with him by default as if there’s no one else available to me. I stay with him because I choose to, everyday that i wake up, everyday that we fight or lie to each other or disappoint each other.

I choose him over and over again..

And he chooses me.


But even beyond the two as a pair, there’s how all those other connections they had that allowed for all sorts of confrontations/dealing with’s/letting go’s to happen. And I tell, you… the feels were strong in this one. It’s made the conclusion so much more than the not-quite dystopia that Divergent was and definitely more than the romance-to-the front that Insurgent turned into.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment