Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Come Alive (Experiment in Terror, #7) by Karina Halle

Come Alive (Experiment in Terror, #7)Come Alive by Karina Halle

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


EiT 7… It’s good to know that he could still be jerk. Dex of old (as in 1through 4) is back with  a vengeance and I liked that I could dislike him so! The Dex 2.0 and his you are my light-ing could read too much like all the other NA’s I’ve loathed of late as in Alpha dude turned mushy. He’s not completely so this time around.

That aside, the scary in this one was still not really scary. Interesting, is what I’ll give it. Halle sure isn’t afraid of sticking her characters in the oddest of situations. And even better, she sure isn’t afraid of making them feel silly. Oh God! The flashbacks to my childhood; I haven’t laughed so hard at something I’d read in such a long time. Better: the laughs weren’t even unintentional. I am now officially seeing what’s charming in the guy. I dare you not to cringe/laugh with “A little bit of Perry by my side..” to the tune of Mambo #5  running through your head.

This was fun, if not scary.
I can’t wait for # 8




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment