Monday, October 21, 2013

Simple Perfection (Perfection, #2; Rosemary Beach, #5) by Abbi Glines

Simple Perfection (Perfection, #2; Rosemary Beach, #5)Simple Perfection by Abbi Glines

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


Consider SIMPLE PERFECTION more padding for my Personal Book Challenge. 350 for 2013, here I come!  I saw the cover, wondered over who it would be about this time around, wondered some more if there'd be something (anything?) new in it. I tried... no, seriously, I did, to to keep myself from picking it up. Then failed and allowed myself a three hour stint of eye-roll this and oi-vey that.

Suffice to say, I felt the very same things I did in reading Breathe,The Vincent Boys, and Fallen Too Far. And yes, in case you're wondering: I have read ALL books in each those series. Though why I bother is a mystery all its own... given the 1's and 2's I've given. Is it eternal optimism on my part hoping for something good to finally come out from all the drama? Or would it be more accurate to say that it's me taking some twisted comfort out of the consistency they offer? Though "consistency" in this instance is so far from a good thing. I mean it's basically the same story told then retold, with only cover and name actually varying.

What I've come to expect out of
an AG contemporary "NA":

1. Rich guy.
2. Poor girl.
3. Hot sex.
4. Drama.
5. Drama.
6. And oh, wait... some more drama. 


What I got out of SIMPLE PERFECTION:
1. Rich guy.
2. Poor girl.
3. Hot sex.
4. Drama.
5. Drama.
6. And oh, wait... some more drama.


Huh. Color me surprised.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment