Saturday, November 9, 2013

Horde by Ann Aguirre

Horde (Razorland, #3)Horde by Ann Aguirre

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


2.5

I suggest you read this in one go… because the stop start method I went with killed the momentum allowing for moments of consideration on my part. And man, I wish I was just in it for the ride… because I didn’t love it. There’s an abruptness to events that have me feeling necessary hero now please. Plus abruptness in development of who gets to do what and realize what and be what for the rest of them. Plus unlikely moments that come out of nowhere because what now? Allies from where now? And what’s she planning now? Naaah, I loved the necessary toughness that she started out with, but she’s morphed into someone else I could not completely believe. From huntress to softy but not exactly; it’s being topside with the rest of them has her becoming someone else. Which was OK? I guess. But it’s Deuce of old that hooked me to begin with.

So, there’s a tenderness here that’s not a bad thing, but frankly, glaringly felt out of place. Who she’s become for Fade and vice versa, and who Stalker then Doc had become? There’s change in all of them that I could barely see the connection to who they were and where their stories started. It’s partially good… because people change, right? But the whole reason I was so into it all to begin with was what I saw initially. Mainly it’s the softness contrasted to her go get them attitude that’s got me wondering if that’s what she was from the first. Was she? It’s been so long, I’m just not sure.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment