Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street, #3) by Samantha Young

Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street, #3)Before Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


The first book is still my favorite (though at a rating of 2 point 5, that’s not really saying much.) This third book has the cute then the complicated and then the hot and the sexy as well as the dramatic. As is often the case with books of this type: I could have dealt with less of the last and more of everything mentioned prior.

Except it’s a drama that makes sense and even better: it’s a drama that doesn’t drown out all other aspects going on. Anywaaaay: I liked that there’s this true connection between two leads even before anything happens. It’s not exactly anything new (the whole besties turns something else,) but I liked it. And sure there’s the sad-sad-sadness they both bring to the table, but the very same doesn’t cancel everything else out. Anyway, both go into things aware of the other’s baggage, yet this knowing doesn’t stop the drama (and if anything it’s the same the flames of the latter.) 

I liked the Friends vibe going on here…except you know, sexy times, a whole lot of sexy times. But back to my point: there’s a linking from one to another then another that allows a knowing by some or all of who the others are, both in terms of the good they’re capable of- and in Nate’s case the not-so good as well. You’d think the whole group thing would complicate matters for the two leads; and it does but not just. Like how there’s this peek into who the men were, or the peek into who the women were sans their respective partners.

This was cute and sexy, just what I needed… well, mostly needed, at least.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment