Saturday, February 22, 2014

Split Second (Pivot Point, #2) by Kasie West

Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)Split Second by Kasie West

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was a total Level Up from book one. West writes a great combination of the sweet, the funny, and the exciting. All made better with leads who are decidedly likeable. And it’s likeability that’s limited to Addie and Trevor either… because, biggest POSITIVE surprise here, Laila (who was so-so in the first) and in Connor (who comes from out of nowhere) had me enjoying this sequel even more.

So, Addie and Trevor. Long has it been since I last typed this , but… swoon. She had me liking her more and more; he had me liking him more and more as well; but it’s them that had me loving this. There’s a natural thing in the new (but not new) connection they had; the whole building up into something (all over again) simply worked.

Better yet: where the complications they’re made to deal with come from. Nope, no football scheming here. The excitement type comes from slightly more interesting and definitely more in line with the general feel of things with shady then shadier conspiracy moments. It meshed well with everything else going on (with Paras and Norms, right?

But it’s Laila and Connor that just add something extra. I was not expecting them. But maybe I should have in the spare needs a pair scheme… but the way the way her end of the story unfurls, it’s exciting, there’s chemistry and I laughed because there really was something to the two of them. Plus, there’s how some of “how” she becomes is made clear especially why she’s all just push-push-push when it comes to those that matter to her. But it all boils down to her and Connor! Because – and I’m sorry here, but twice in one write-up – swoon. The way they match up with her pushing, and him not giving and sometimes vice versa. Well, I just enjoyed this




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment