Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Wizard’s Promise (The Hanna Duology, #1) by Cassandra Rose Clarke

The Wizard’s Promise (The Hanna Duology, #1)The Wizard’s Promise by Cassandra Rose Clarke

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Nothing actually happens.

I feel like Wizard’s Promise is essentially the LONGEST. Introduction. Ever. We know who and what’s coming, yet in the mean time there’s a lot of her asking questions that eventually started to feel like, “ARE WE THERE YET?” (She wasn’t asking that, of course! It just felt like she was; thus, me wanting to smack her.)

There’s some mention of the awesome that was Ananna as well as the mist and the magical, yet for the most part we have Hannah. At first it’s her and what she does not have; then it’s allot of her failing to ask the right questions and asking the most annoying question over and over and over. Of course things are not helped when the people around her only respond with non-answers!

There is eventually more interesting moments of her making her world bigger and learning things she’d previously not known, but descriptions of awesome magical fish and how to cook the same failed to satisfy me.

Bottom line: I’d have loved to get more out of this, but I was honestly just bored. Add that the only time I wasn’t bored was somewhere in the last 5%. Things were happening! She was doing stuff! It was good… unless one recalls that all that’s good was compressed in said measly 5%!
Thank you, Net Galley!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment