Friday, July 25, 2014

I Want It That Way (2B Trilogy #1) by Ann Aguirre

I Want It That Way (2B Trilogy #1)I Want It That Way by Ann Aguirre

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Oh ho ho! You deceptively tricky beginning, you! I confess it was the dark-ish tone that it started with that had me curious first. That last bit that Nadia as narrator tacked on  is so spot on as to why I read what I do these days; yes, I am one of those pulled in by things splintering apart. And while that's here, there's the after that as well.

And despite both, I felt the biggest plus in this is how not all of it is the melodrama of the girl loving the boy and the boy loving the girl and all is well and perfect if only! There's not much "if only's" here because the two provide a refreshing clear assessment as to what is versus what could be done versus what needs to be done.

Both know what they want (and I'm talking outside the romantic here, folks) and both are aware of the position they're in as well as the path they're on. What's even more real is the way their lives are laid out- they party it up sure but not just, as there were actual moments of her as student; those glimpses into what's required of her paint a more believable picture of her as the woman she's choosing to become. The same could be said for Ty only it's him as father. Basically, it's not all romance--- the things that came before there being a 'them' are still there. And it's how they fit themselves into the other's life that's different.

Thank you, NG! 



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment