Thursday, April 16, 2015

Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1) by Ilona Andrews

Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


when one makes reference to 'an officer and a gentleman' you can bet your ass i'm adding a star (or two)  to my rating. but it is glad i am in reporting that there's more to burn for me than me flashing back to a young richard gere.  because this book. this book. THIS. is what's revived my desire to put down more than a couple of lazy fleeting lines of hmming or awwing of over this character or what that character said. 

this book has me thinking of kate and curran all over again. everything i loved about them, i found in this. not to say burn for me is a rehash of their tale. elements of independt female lead and scary-sexy male one are accounted for. but the magic and the world in this one is different.  housed and hierarchy, politics and kissing ass... then the more occassional kicking of the same. in the words of one character here,  'i liked.'  i liked very much indeed.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment