Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Captive Prince Volume #1 by C.S. Pacat

Captive Prince: Volume One (Captive Prince, #1)Captive Prince: Volume One by C.S. Pacat
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It ends spectacularly despite that slow, slow start. I'd never have picked this to read had it not been for Wendy F's response to VOLUME TWO.

The strength in this is how its every aspect is steeped in intrigue- from how Damen has come to be where he is to why it is they chose so and so as partners.

Intrigue aside, Pacat does not shy away from the graphic; it shocks as intended but the work up to whatever is laid bare had me hoping things wouldn't be going where I thought/expected/feared they were. Things did go there. Repeatedly. Consequently, I found Captive Prince relentless in pulling me in like it or not and different.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment