Friday, April 17, 2015

The Hooker and the Hermit by L.H. Cosway

The Hooker and the HermitThe Hooker and the Hermit by L.H. Cosway

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I wish...

... that there was more of the funny that had me loving Penny Reid's Neanderthal series. (Not that there's anything wrong with Painted Faces or Still Life With Strings.) It's just that this felt muddled. I was looking for the hilariously cute, but was met by a mixed bag of funny, odd, sad, then wait.. was that a hint of BDSM? OH, not quite. Just almost.

... So I'm split. I was loving a good deal of this at first. of how she was her odd self; and how he was his cocky self. I was even into the idea of one not knowing everything. But the slow uncovering of why she was the way she was, and what else made him 'different.' Well, truth told, that same loving feeling on my part only became apparent with the oddness of Annie on the page; otherwise 'twas me, mildly confused by how everything seemed to have been thrown in for them to contend with.

I loved the funny awkward moments care of Annie and at times Annie with Ronan, was tickled pink by the cuteness of them especially because of a reluctant her. But, I seriously could have done without a lot of the overwrought what-have-I-done's.


Mostly, cute... and yet, I still have all these 'I wishes' after.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment