Sunday, April 26, 2015

When It Rains (When It Rains #1) by Lisa DeJong

When It Rains (Rains, #1)When It Rains by Lisa De Jong
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Just tapping on that 2 star feels wrong, considering the subjectS this book tackles. (Yes, plural.) I began this thinking it would be a different kind of NA in the same vein as Sea of Tranquility or Storyteller. And while this touches on similar topics, I didn't buy the emotion behind it. Simply because I'd read some others that have handled the same with a bit more depth. So, no it wasn't even the triangle this time around that I had issue with (that aspect was actually the least objectionable bit,) rather it's everything else... The loss of self, worth, and direction... all happen, but all are a little too easily addressed well, not easily, but quickly?) As in, these things happened, so this is me. 'Twas a bit simplistic at times is all.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment